The Los Angeles Veterans Collaborative
Collective Impact Model
Utilizing the collective impact approach, the USC Military and Veterans Programs (MVP) serves as the backbone organization of the Los Angeles Veterans Collaborative (LAVC). The LAVC seeks to maximize high-quality supports for veterans by aligning efforts to develop collective solutions.
THE COLLECTIVE IMPACT model ENCOMPASSES the following components:
1. Common Agenda: Shared understanding of the problem and the approach to and action plan to solve it.
2. Ongoing Communication: face to face meetings over a sustained timeframe to develop and maintain trust.
3. Mutually Reinforcing Activities: collaborate and support aligned activities with a shared goal.
4. Backbone Support Organization: centralized infrastructure (staff, process, and procedures).
5. Shared Measurement System: a common set of indicators that monitor impact, track progress, and identify gaps.